Air Duct Cleaning
The following are some important facts you should know about your indoor air quality and your family's health:
- 50% of all illnesses are caused by or aggravated by polluted indoor air
- Most fiberglass furnace filters are less than 7% efficient
- The level of some hazardous pollutants in indoor air are up to 70 times greater than outdoor air
- One in six allergy conditions are caused by fungi and bacteria in the air duct system
- Children are more likely than adults to be affected by polluted indoor air
Your air system plays host to a variety of pollutants such as bacteria, animal hair, pollen, plant spores, dust, smoke, mold and dust mites. Your maze of air ducts, vents, heating and cooling systems that are designed to make your home comfortable may, in fact, be making you uncomfortable or even sick. Because they are built to be "energy efficient", polluted air is "trapped" inside and being recycled over and over through your heating and air conditioning system. If your home is one year old or more, these contaminates could be clinging to every square inch of your air duct systems.
Get your air vents and ducts cleaned today for a healthier home and a healthier you!!
Case Restoration follows the following 11 step duct cleaning process to ensure you breathe the cleanest, most pollutant free air:
- Cover all home contents and furnishings with industrial plastic for protection.
- Setup a portable air-scrubber with hepa-filtration to keep the air in the home clean during the duct cleaning process.
- Remove and seal all register vents with protective covers.
- Sanitize and hand-wash all register vents.
- Connect a 5,000 CFM of negative air pressure vacuum to the plenum.
- Blast dirt and debris with a compressed-air vacuum into a collection device.
- 'Snake' a power-brush with 175 PSI compressed-air through each individual duct opening, plenums and return-air chambers.
- VERY IMPORTANT: Clean air handling unit. This includes: fan, heat-exchangers, coils, drain pan, & drain line.
Seal service openings.
- Sanitize complete system. This includes: ducts, return-air, plenums, fan, heat-exchangers, coils, drain pan, & drain line.
- Install a new high-efficiency air-filter treated with 'anti-allergen filter enhancer'.
- Clean-up: We clean & vacuum the entire home.